INN Labs is the product and technology arm of the Institute for Nonprofit News.
Learn more about our services here.
Kay Lima – Director, INN Labs
Kay manages INN Labs, leading a team of news technologists to develop software that supports and advances the work of INN member organizations.
Previously as the INN Labs support lead, Kay lead front-line support for our member organizations and consulting clients and oversaw documentation and training to assist publishers in the adoption and use of our Largo WordPress platform and the other tools we build and support.
Kay presents at conferences such as WordCamp for Publishers, DrupalCampCT at Yale University, DrupalCamp at UMass, and women's leadership conferences.
Paola Baradello – Account Director
Paola specializes in helping organizations understand how to optimize their online and digital media presence. As INN Labs' account director, Paola works closely with our growing number of INN members and clients to identify solutions and leverage the INN Labs publishing tools.
Before joining INN, Paola served as an account director for five years at a large distributed global demand generation agency. She was responsible for managing key global accounts as well as assisting in project management, execution, and strategic direction. Prior to that, Paola held various positions in digital and online product marketing.
Paola has her undergraduate degree from UC San Diego and a dual MBA from the Universidad Carlos III in Madrid, Spain and Arizona State University.
Ben Keith – Lead Developer
Ben Keith is a web developer solving journalism problems through WordPress. He started at INN in 2014 as an apprentice and returned to INN full-time in 2015.
Ben has given talks at WordCamp Columbus, WordCamp for Publishers, SRCCON, and the Ohio State University Open Source Club and Collegiate Web Developers Club and has led training sessions for INN members. He holds an undergraduate degree from The Ohio State University.
Miranda Krapf – Project Manager
Miranda is a project manager and business analyst experienced in agile digital project management, particularly for nonprofit organizations. In her previous roles at the University of Minnesota, she managed technology projects for scientific research labs, academic technology initiatives, a wide variety of web and digital projects, and extensive freelance web development. Miranda is skilled in all aspects of scoping, planning, implementing and reviewing technology and web-related projects and has years of hands-on WordPress experience.
Miranda graduated from the University of Minnesota with a B.S. in Environmental Science and minors in Geographic Information Systems, Sustainability Studies, and Atmospheric Chemistry. She also holds certifications and awards for project management, agile development, business analysis, and leadership.
Josh Darby – Senior Developer
Josh serves as a lead solutions architect of INN Labs’ publishing tools, WordPress framework, and large-scale projects, ensuring they reflect and meet industry and client goals.
Darby previously held senior developer positions at The Penny Hoarder, one of the largest personal finance websites in the country, and at web development agencies where he worked on high-traffic projects for nonprofits, universities, and companies such as Disney, FOX, and Cisco.
INN Labs - Nerds Emeriti:
- Nick Bennett, News Applications Developer (2015)
- Jack Brighton, Manager of Support, Documentation, and Training (2015-2016)
- Will Haynes, Apprentice News Apps Developer (2014-2015)
- Kaeti Hinck, Design Director (2014-2016)
- Gabriel Hongsdusit, Design Apprentice (2016-2017)
- Jacki Keys, Support Specialist (Summer 2014)
- RC Lations, Lead Developer (2016-2017)
- Dani Litovsky Alcalá, Data Science Apprentice (Summer 2015)
- Denise Malan, Director of Data Services (2015-2016)
- Meredith Melragon, Support Specialist (2014-2015)
- Ryan Nagle, Director of Technology (2014-2016)
- Sinduja Rangarajan, News Apps Apprentice (2016)
- David Ryan, News Apps Apprentice (2015-2016)
- Adam Schweigert, Senior Director, Product and Technology (2012-2017)
- Julia Smith, Lead Designer and Director, INN Labs (2016-2018)
- Tyler Machado, Front-end Developer/Designer (2018-2019)