INN Labs is the product and technology arm of the Institute for Nonprofit News.
Kay Lima – Acting Director, INN Labs
Kay manages INN Labs, leading a team of news technologists to develop software that supports and advances the work of INN member organizations.
Previously as the INN Labs support lead, Kay lead front-line support for our member organizations and consulting clients and oversaw documentation and training to assist publishers in the adoption and use of our Largo WordPress platform and the other tools we build and support.
Kay presents at conferences such as WordCamp for Publishers, DrupalCampCT at Yale University, DrupalCamp at UMass, and women's leadership conferences.
Paola Baradello – Account Director
Paola specializes in helping organizations understand how to optimize their online and digital media presence. As INN Labs' account director, Paola works closely with our growing number of INN members and clients to identify solutions and leverage the INN Labs publishing tools.
Before joining INN, Paola served as an account director for five years at a large distributed global demand generation agency. She was responsible for managing key global accounts as well as assisting in project management, execution, and strategic direction. Prior to that, Paola held various positions in digital and online product marketing.
Paola has her undergraduate degree from UC San Diego and a dual MBA from the Universidad Carlos III in Madrid, Spain and Arizona State University.
Ben Keith – Lead Developer
Ben Keith is a web developer solving journalism problems through WordPress. He started at INN in 2014 as an apprentice and returned to INN full-time in 2015.
Ben has given talks at WordCamp Columbus, WordCamp for Publishers, SRCCON, and the Ohio State University Open Source Club and Collegiate Web Developers Club and has led training sessions for INN members. He holds an undergraduate degree from The Ohio State University.
Tyler Machado – Front-end Developer and Designer
Tyler Machado is a web developer working at the intersection of technology, journalism, and visual storytelling. Tyler previously worked as the editorial developer for Harvard Business Review. Prior to that, he worked on web development, social media, and newsletters at the Vermont newsweekly Seven Days.
He’s led sessions at SRCCON, Cascade BOS, and Boston University's Storytelling With Data Workshops, and has won awards from Folio: Magazine and the Association of Alternative Newsmedia.
Tyler recently received a certificate in data science from Harvard University. He holds a B.A. in journalism from Saint Michael's College, where he won the John D. Donoghue Award for outstanding service to student publications.
INN Labs - Nerds Emeriti:
- Nick Bennett, News Applications Developer (2015)
- Jack Brighton, Manager of Support, Documentation, and Training (2015-2016)
- Will Haynes, Apprentice News Apps Developer (2014-2015)
- Kaeti Hinck, Design Director (2014-2016)
- Gabriel Hongsdusit, Design Apprentice (2016-2017)
- Jacki Keys, Support Specialist (Summer 2014)
- RC Lations, Lead Developer (2016-2017)
- Dani Litovsky Alcalá, Data Science Apprentice (Summer 2015)
- Denise Malan, Director of Data Services (2015-2016)
- Meredith Melragon, Support Specialist (2014-2015)
- Ryan Nagle, Director of Technology (2014-2016)
- Sinduja Rangarajan, News Apps Apprentice (2016)
- David Ryan, News Apps Apprentice (2015-2016)
- Adam Schweigert, Senior Director, Product and Technology (2012-2017)
- Julia Smith, Lead Designer and Director, INN Labs (2016-2018)