This is a roundup of all Irma-related things that people can contribute to remotely: mapping projects, newsroom projects, and so on. Suggest changes to this Google Doc and we'll update this post.
- Get started with community projects by reading this onboarding document from the Irma Response Slack. Check out the list of projects being coordinated there and what those projects need. What is Irma Response? Here are the details.
- The Humanitarian Open Street Maps Team is coordinating a number of map improvement projects centered on Hurricane Irma and the flooding in Bangladesh and Nepal.
- Irmaresponse.org is mapping shelters, volunteer opportunities and needs, and evacuations.
- The New Tropic and WLRN are running a crowdsourced map for shelter, gas, water, and other supplies. Read about it on Poynter.
- The Disaster Response Corps is looking for techies. Sign up here.
This post originally appeared in the Friday, September 8 edition of the Nerd Alert newsletter.