Nelson’s book was first published more than 25 years ago, with new editions and updates. The book’s ideas continue to resonate with readers and designers.
Our discussion included observations and links to other work and resources, including:
- The value of applying industrial design philosophy to other areas.
- Giving yourself some grace in response to frustration -- it might just be bad design.
- UX faces larger and more complex challenges than designing a single use object.
- The opportunity for organizations to identify the needs of their community and build accordingly.
- How do responsive and native apps meet users needs?
- What is the role of testing and types of testing.
TakeawaysJeni’s Ice Cream for the yummy treats. They are based out of Columbus, Ohio and have shops in many great places, including Atlanta.
Our April meeting will be held at 1pm ET on Wednesday, April 8th (RSVP here) and you can help us pick the book we'll read by voting in this quick survey. We'll announce the selection by the end of the day Friday!